Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

April 2015 Wrapup

a wrap up;

In the month of April I think I read quite a number of titles but not specifically novels. I think this month was the month I discovered the Marvel Universe comics, and I have to say I have been reading comics non-stop. So here are the titles that I've read this past month:

Novels

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

I gave this book a 4/5 star rating.

I really enjoyed this book as a whole, I really liked the main character and her love interest! I think they make a really cute couple and I just want more of their love! 

The world required more of getting used to because of the amount of fairy folk and creatures present in this novel. Since it is a faery novel and it was the first one for me I did take a bit of getting used to but I found myself really enjoying the book so much!

I finished this book in one sitting so if that doesn't tell you how much I really liked this book, I don't know what will! 


Fortunately, the Milk... By Neil Gaiman, Illustrated by Chris Riddell

I give it a 3.5-4/5 star rating

I read this book in the Dewey's Readathon because I needed something light and I saw this one lying around and since I never read a Neil Gaiman book I decided to give it a try. 

I think I would've enjoyed this book more if I was younger as it was specifically targeted for younger readers so I wasn't able to enjoy it more. All in all I think this is a pretty cool and fun book to read to kids or for yourself if you're in the mood for a light read!


 

Graphic Novels

Amulet, Book 1: The Stonekeeper by Kazu Kibuishi

I gave this a 4/5 star rating.

I also read this during the Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon since I was in the mood for a graphic novel. This graphic novel series have been getting a lot of hype in the book community lately and I was finally able to read this book!

I think the hype was deserved because I did enjoy my time reading the storyline! I really liked reading about the main charactes' adventures and I can already tell that this is just the beginning of an epic journey!

Did I mention the artwork was stunning? Well, it is! Part of what made me enjoy this book so much was the artwork!

 

Comics

 I read a ton of comics this past month and I don't want to list all of them here to clutter so I'm just going to post my favorites and the rest would be in a goodreads bookshelf linked down below!


The Uncanny Inhumans #0 by Charles Soule and Steve McNiven

I gave this a 5/5 star rating
I can't express my love for this issue enough! I absolutely loved every aspect of it! I can't wait for more issues! 

I'm really enjoying the storyline and the main character is kickass and the artwork...I can't even! It was too good! 

I can't with this one, I can't put my feels coherently. I'm sorry.

 

 


Rat Queens #1 by Kurtis J. Wiebe

I gave this a 5/5 star rating!

I can already tell that this is going to be a kickass comic series! The first issue itself was already enough to hook me! It was such a good edition, I loved how all the characters were introduced in their own quirky way and I loved the kick butt vibe throughout this novel!

The gore of this novel isn't so bad so it didn't make me feel uncomfortable...actually I found it really cool..

All in all; AWESOME. 


April 2015 Comic Bookshelf!

So that was all for this post! I hope you guys enjoyed reading my post! Until next time~



1 comment:

 
Images by Freepik