Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

an update

it's been so long

Ah, it's been so long since I've actually sat down to write a blog entry! I miss the times :( So, I'm going to give a short update to what I've been doing lately!

Ever since the last blog post (which was a little over a month ago!) I didn;t really do well in terms of reading. I don't think I had a better reading month than last month but I managed to read some awesome books! 

Why I say that October wasn't a good reading month was because I managed to read 4 books but ended up not finishing 2 books! One of which was The Diviners by Libba Bray! It was such a shame because this was supposed to be my "Halloween" read and also for the Divine Readalong me and Avra from @bookexplorers on ig decided to have. I just couldn't get into the story because it was developing in such a slow pace and I guess during that period I wasn't into reading because of all the many tests I was having. 

The case of the wrong situation and wrong timing. Such a shame..

The 2nd book I wasn't able to finish was The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White. I started this book being so excited because of the Egyptian mythology involved but I couldn't get into it (again) mainly because I attended IIBF14 (Indonesia International Book Fair) this past weekend and I got quiet the number of books! Within these book purchases too, I really wanted to pick up a novel which I would be mentioning soon! I really do want to finish both these books hopefully soon since my final exams are approaching (less reading time for me Dx)


So, as I said earlier I picked up a novel from IIBF and that is my current read! It is a novel called 4 Ways to get a Wife by Hyun Go Wun! It's actually a korean romcom novel but a publishing company here translated it to my mother tongue! I was so excited to read this because I have never read a purely Indonesian novel before so I was excited for the experience and challenge! (I don't have the best Indonesian, I prefer speaking in English.... :P) 


So, I believe this is all I have for this update! I hope you guys enjoyed reading about my adventures last month! Tune in for reviews soon! :D


p.s; the goodreads link for all the books mentioned above would be linked to its title!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik